Here are the answers to some questions you may have. Not seeing the info you need? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Registration and Support
- Can I take some classes in-person and some online?
- Yes. For the upcoming semester, City Colleges is offering classes both on-campus and online. You can select to enroll in either – or a mix of both – depending on what works best for your schedule and your personal comfort level.
- I want to take classes online, but I don’t have Wi-Fi/a laptop. What should I do?
- City Colleges offers laptops and Wi-Fi hotspots for students to borrow for the term. To apply for a loaner laptop or Wi-Fi device, please visit www.ccc.edu/loanerlaptop.
- Can guests and visitors come to campus?
- Yes. City Colleges locations are fully open. Guests and visitors with business on campus must follow the same health and safety guidelines as students, faculty, and staff.
- Are the on-campus child care centers open?
- Yes. To learn more about the City Colleges Child Development Laboratory Schools, located at five City Colleges, please visit www.ccc.edu/childcare.
Health and Safety
- Are vaccinations required to return to campus?
- While not required, vaccination is an important means of protection against the COVID-19 virus and is key to allowing us to re-emerge from the pandemic.
- Those who are unvaccinated should wear a face covering at all times when inside of a CCC facility.
- To find out where you can get vaccinated, please use the City of Chicago Vaccine Finder.
- Do I need to stay home from class and quarantine if I am exposed to an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Persons that are in close contact (defined as within six feet for 15 minutes or more in a 24-hour period) with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 should quarantine in accordance with the guidelines set by the Chicago Department of Public Health found here. Fully vaccinated people do not need to quarantine as long as they remain asymptomatic. A person is “fully vaccinated” when it has been more than two weeks following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose COVID- 19 vaccine series or more than two weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. If you need to quarantine, you should contact your HR Business Partner (for employees) or Dean of Student Services (for students) to discuss options for work and class.
- What health and safety precautions will stay in place at CCC facilities?
- For the time being, all persons must continue to wear masks when entering and exiting CCC buildings, in all common areas, including lobbies, elevators, hallways and restrooms, and when people cannot maintain six feet of distance.
- Additionally, for now, plexiglass barriers that were installed at areas of major interaction between employees and the public will remain in place, as will hand sanitizer and/or wipe stations. CCC will continue to follow the guidance of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) for HVAC operations.
- What COVID testing options are available at City Colleges, and when should I get tested for COVID-19?
- City Colleges is currently developing a COVID-19 testing program that will be in place for those who are not vaccinated. Detailed information on the testing process, including how to register for testing or be exempted from the program with proof of vaccination, will be shared as it rolls out at each college.
- Please review the latest guidance from the City of Chicago to determine if and when you should get tested for COVID-19 if you have been recently exposed to the virus.
- Do I have to wear a mask in City Colleges buildings?
- For the time being, all persons must continue to wear masks when entering and exiting CCC buildings, in all common areas, including lobbies, elevators, hallways and restrooms, and when people cannot maintain six feet of distance. Unvaccinated persons should wear a face covering at all times. Our Security teams will continue to maintain a stock of disposable masks at facility entrances for individuals that may have forgotten to bring their own and need one for the day.
- Do I have to complete a health screening before I enter a City Colleges location?
- No. The daily health self-screening will no longer be required to enter CCC facilities.